Tuesday, September 22, 2009

2009 Utah State Fair

ABC Sampler by Drawn Thread

Toccata 3 by Drawn Thread

At the encouragement of friends I decided to try my hand at the Utah State Fair. I entered in two of my best pieces and what do you know I won 1st place! I think my work is mediocre at it's best so it was nice to see I won. They fill out tags with your name, city, description of the piece and what category your in. After they do the judging they put comments on the back. The comment for ABC sampler was "Spectacular alphabet - very well stitched". The comment for Toccata 3 was "Incredible work - All those tiny stitches and lovely patterns" You can definitely bet that I'll enter again next year. Oh and I won $7 for each piece!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, way to go Beth! That's awesome! There is nothing mediocre about your work, and now you have proof!

Joseph and Divinity said...

Beth that is FABULOUS!! Congratulations! You're work is always impressive