Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back yard

Front yard

Aunt Barbara and I were talking last night and she told me that she found out from my cousin Debbie that the house that was built on our old property was up for sale. I googled it and found pictures for them. Very nice house! What made me go down memory lane again though was the magnolia tree in the first picture. I'm sure everyone knows but when you touch a magnolia flower it makes the petals turn brown. I remember going around touching as many blossoms as I could reach just to see if it was true. Sure enough they all turned brown :-) The trees in the front yard in the last picture are pecan trees that my dad planted years ago. I remember telling Sharon a long time ago that'd we'd be able to come back and sit on the balcony and not be able to see the road because the trees were so big. Oh how things change.

No comments: